Saturday, January 15, 2011

PB&J With A Twist (or maybe a wrap?)!


Are you looking for a way to change up your child's every day request for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?  I have a simple solution - tortillas!

Today we just simple did a basic PB&J, but there are several variations that have been a hit my my four.  I just start with a whole wheat tortilla spread with a thin layer of peanut butter.  Be sure to cover the whole shell.  Creamy works better than crunchy because the nuts may tear through the shell.  Spread with jelly, chopped/sliced bananas, raisins, a drizzle of honey or anything else that you like with peanut butter and roll carefully.  I usually slice them in half so they can pick them up easier.  As usual, today my kids gobbled them up and begged for more!

What else would you add to a peanut butter wrap besides what I suggested?

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm going to try pb on tortilla shells today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I have to pack a lunch for the boys every school day, this will be a welcome change from the white or wheat bread sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we love pb&j on tortillas over here! I don't have bread in the house very often (because it takes so much time to make but I don't want to buy it!) but I can whip tortillas up in no time. Thanks for the other suggestions of what to put on it!

    ReplyDelete