Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cloth Diapering

I mentioned before that we are back to cloth diapers after a short break.  By short, I mean a little over 6 months while we were having some stressful times, and adjusting to a lot of changes including a move to a new house.  Before the break, I had cloth diapered 3 children for a total of about 3 years.  I had a huge stash of pockets (mostly Fuzzi Bunz), tons of prefolds, and way too many covers in every brand and size.  During our "break" I gave up and sold off or gave away everything I had except a few small wetbags that worked well for other things besides diapers.  Now, I'm trying to slowly rebuild my stash mostly with the basics and with very little money.  Amelia (1yr) is in cloth diapers full-time, and Ryleigh (3yrs) still needs them at night.  I made 32 serged wipes from flannel I already had on hand, a couple of fleece and flannel pockets, and a pair of fleece longies.  Now I also have 1 Bummis Diaper Tote, 6 Econobum covers and 24 Econobum prefolds from placing several small orders as I've had the extra money.  I LOVE the Cotton Babies site because they offer free economy shipping on every order.  That means if I only have $6 to spare that week, I can order a set of 3 prefolds at a time.   Even with the economy shipping, my orders have arrived quickly.  I currently have another order of 2 Econobum covers and 2 prefolds on the way from the Cotton Babies seconds sale earlier this week.  I also have a few Sunbaby pocket diapers on the way that I'm hoping to test out mostly for my 3 yr old to use at night.  I'll post a review once I get those and have tried them for a few days.

Overall, I've made the decision that this time there won't be any extravagant and overpriced diaper purchases.  Other than the really good deal on the Sunbaby diapers, everything I buy will be just the basics.  I've found that I love prefolds and covers just as much as the other options, anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Heather I have found my prefolds are easier to keep clean and work just as great as my cute splurges. I took December off and am now back at it as well. Love your blog!


    Love
    Cheri s.

    ReplyDelete